© Biblioteca Riccardiana. Florencia. 15th century.
240 parchment pages.
17 x 12 cm.
230 miniatures illuminated in gold and silver.
• Conserved in the Biblioteca Riccardiana, Florence. Ms. Ricc. 2669.
• The codex consists of 230 miniatures illuminated in gold and silver by the great Pedro Berruguete -painter to the Castile court of Joan the Mad and Philip the Handsome- and by the workshop of Botticelli.
• Codex commissioned by Lorenzo de Medici to educate his brother Giuliano in the arts of Banking and Commerce.
• The text of the manuscript has been attributed to Filippo Calandri on the basis of an incunabula published in Florence in 1491.
• Codex bound in blue velvet with bronze hinges and clasps.
• Unique edition of 999 numbered copies with notarized certificate of authenticity.
The only company which uses pure gold and true precious stones for its facsimiles of the most beautiful manuscripts in the world
C/Martín el Humano,12.
Phone (+34) 963 82 18 34
Monday to Friday: 9:00-14:00 / 16:00-18:00