• The desire of collectors for this masterwork is the reason why so many of its folios were excised from the codex and are now divided among the U.S.A. and Europe.
• The facsimile edition restores the manuscript to its original composition by incorporating all of its actual folios, the originals of which are conserved in the collections of the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge and the Boston Public Library.
• 32 miniatures, in addition to numerous initials illuminated in gold and silver by Bening.
• This manuscript is comprised of fifteen prayers referring to the fifteen Mysteries of the Virgin accompanied by the respective miniatures alluding to those prayers, exceptional for having been written in Spanish.
• The work was commissioned by the Queen of Castile, Joanna the Mad, from the most prestigious Flemish painter and illuminator of the era, Simon Bening. Among his most famous clients were Emperor Charles V and Fernando, Prince of Portugal.
• Bound in red velvet with silver clasps.
• Unique edition of 999 numbered copies with notarized certificate of authenticity.
The only company which uses pure gold and true precious stones for its facsimiles of the most beautiful manuscripts in the world
C/Martín el Humano,12.
Phone (+34) 963 82 18 34
Monday to Friday: 9:00-14:00 / 16:00-18:00